1-1.5 cups of dry roasted peanuts
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tbsp of butter
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt (or less)
Micorowave safe bowl - Large
Hard plastic or metal mixing spoon
Measuring cups & spoons
Cookie sheet, large caserole dish or tin foil for spreading mixture
Airtight container for leftovers (if any)
- Mix peanuts, sugar, cornsyrup & salt in the microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stir mixture and quickly return to the microwave for another 4 minutes
- Quickly stir in butter and vanilla and return to the micorwave for the final 2 minutes
- Add the baking soda and stir quickly until the mix is light and foamy
- Immediately pour the mixture onto a lightly-greased baking sheet, caserole dish or tin foil spreading it out as thinly as possible.
- Allow the mix to cool - then break it into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
Use a flexible plastic bowl for the microwave steps. To clean, just run cold water in the bowl to harden any leftover brittle. As you bend and move the bowl, the brittle will just pop off.
Use a hard plastic spoon for mixing. Clean it by knocking it against the sink. The brittle should pop right off.